Need to circle something on your iPhone screenshot? A tech expert reveals a little-known hack to neatly annotate: “It changed my life”
- A tech expert has revealed a handy little-known hack for iPhone screenshots
- Ramal from Brisbane explained how to draw perfect shapes on iPhone pictures
- When editing a screenshot or photo, draw a shape and hold your finger down
- The device will automatically transform the scribble into a perfectly neat shape
- Ramal shared the advice in a TikTok video that racked up eight million views
An Australian tech whiz has shared a little-known iPhone hack to annotate screenshots and photos.
In a viral TikTok videoRamal from Brisbane explains how you can add perfectly neat shapes and symbols to images just by holding your finger down for an extra second.
‘Why didn’t anyone tell me?’ the 21-year-old said in the clip which has amassed over eight million views.
Scroll down for video
Tech enthusiast Ramal from Brisbane wowed millions online after he shared a little-known iPhone hack that helps users draw perfect shapes on screenshots and pictures
“You know when you take a screenshot on your iPhone and try to mark something on it, but everything you mark looks like a complete doggy doo doo because you have the dexterity of a cucumber? ” He asked.
“Well, apparently it’s completely avoidable.”
The tech enthusiast said iPhone users can add shapes to photos by drawing a rough outline and holding down your finger for a moment, before waiting for the device to “auto-clean” it.
“You can even do the same with lines and arrows. Hold it down and just like that, so much cleaner,” Ramal said.
The feature can be found in the editing tools when taking a screenshot as well as the “Annotate” option in existing photos.
Ramal said iPhone users can add shapes to photos by drawing a rough outline but holding your finger down for a moment before finishing and the device with “automatically clean it up.”
How to Draw Perfect Shapes on iPhone Screenshots
- Take a screenshot of the desired page on the iPhone. Press the power and volume up key to do so.
- Then tap the floating thumbnail of the screenshot.
- You can doodle with your desired default pen effect and color on the screenshot.
- Now draw a rough circle and the one you finish drawing it, keep pressing and holding the completion point.
- You will see the rough circle turn into a perfect circle.
- Similarly, you can draw arrows, rectangles, smileys, etc. and your iPhone will convert them into perfect shapes.
- Don’t forget to draw the shape and once you’ve finished it, hold it down to automatically turn it into its perfect version.
Thousands of Ramal’s 364,700 subscribers have been wowed by this simple, “life-changing” tip.
“Omg…I’ve had an iPhone for eight years and I’m still learning new tips and tricks everyday,” one fan wrote.
‘I just tried it, it works omg!’ another said and a third replied, “It just changed my life”.
“He also does all shapes… including hearts and stars… I didn’t know that,” added a fourth.
‘It doesn’t work if you take your finger off the drawing before pressing it. Had to try again to get it right. Good advice, ”explained another.